achoo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adablduya
yeah, i know what it is.
Really?

since you seem to think you're an authority, why don't you explain how i'm "doing it" ?
Right here:

Originally Posted by adablduya
so, do you feel safer with this pseudo-shroud of legal protection ? as long as the law says it's your right, you'll ride right into that street / cross-walk with the belief that that motorist is going to submit the right-of-way to you ? didn't think so......

good luck with that. i take my safety into my own hands, and not place it into the hands of someone i HOPE will behave predictably.
That bilge was in response to this:

Originally Posted by achoo
Umm, WRONG.

In many states, bicycles in a crosswalk ARE legally pedestrians - even when being ridden:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-904

A person riding a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, motorized skateboard or scooter, motor-driven cycle, or an electric power-assisted bicycle on a sidewalk, shared-use path, or across a roadway on a crosswalk, shall have all the rights and duties of a pedestrian under the same circumstances.
In that post, I never mentioned one word about anything except the fact that in many states, a person riding a bicycle in a crosswalk is legally a pedestrian.

So, what orifice did you pull your straw man argument "you'll ride right into that street / cross-walk with the belief that that motorist is going to submit the right-of-way to you" out of, anyway?

and if you're not, go stick it.
Well, I guess that clears up which orifice you pulled your straw man out of.

My response to your pejorative imperative? Grow a brain.