Old 09-27-12, 10:08 AM
Pinkelephant64

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 610, original owner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Full Miyata 610 rebuild

I pulled my Miyata 610 (and the box of parts that go with it) out of the basement and dropped it all off at a shop in town. I had them strip off all the old parts and get it ready for a sandblast and powder coat. I found a 4 wheeler shop that can get the paint job done. Then, I need to rebuild it from the ground up. I want the frame, racks, forks and handlebars. most of the rest is trash. I still have my kirkland rear panniers and handle bar bag.

I want to try a 700c wheel at the shop and see if I can get a canti brake set up that will work, then I want a good set of wheels for under $350. I saw where someone had to streach out the back of the frame to accept the 700c 9sp hub. I better figure that out before I paint it.
then I have to select a group, seat, computer lights...

I'm looking at a brooks touring seat, a cateye cadence speedometer and a cateye rear light. I'm still trying to figure out a good head light system. I want a bright LED with store bought batteries. I can't recharge a light while camping.

my first hump is the wheels, paint and brakes (and yes a camera will be involved)

I am an OTR trucker on the week days and I'm building a baby room on the weekends, so I'm having a shop do all the time consuming stuff