Old 09-29-12, 09:19 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Esteban58
If we could just get 25 million or so people to move elsewhere, California would be awesome.
I already did. Living in Little Rock, Arkansas now. It's a nice size city and because of its location on the border between the Ouachita Mountains and the Mississippi River delta, it has just about any terrain that you could want. It's got the full four seasons, but just a few snowy days a year. Because it's the state capitol its got a lot going on for its size, but still it's relaxed. I never met a governor from California, but I've met the last 4 governors of Arkansas, including Bill.

What I like the most about the neighborhood I live in is that there is a thick network of creeks throughout it. I can go to many spots and watch the water, the fish, the birds, turtles and animals. And over the years, I watch things come and go, rise and fall.

I haven't experienced a tornado yet. But one almost touched down two blocks from me, and that was already a strange experience. Strong winds and low pressure.

But at 50 of 50 in bicycle friendliness, the streets leave something to be desired. But you get out of town in minutes and Arkansas has a lot of places to ride.

What worries me most about California is the water problem that they are facing.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 09-29-12 at 09:27 PM.