View Single Post
Old 10-02-12, 06:35 PM
Homeyba

Bikes: Colnago C-50, Calfee Dragonfly Tandem, Specialized Allez Pro, Peugeot Competition Light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bitingduck
Didn't think it was you-- I think he gave the name (which I don't remember) and if it was you I'd have recognized it, but my memory is so bad sometimes I thought I'd check...

got most of our stuff together last night... It's a little complicated this year by the slightly later start for teams, which means a bigger chance of getting to Trona in the dark, which then means delays if we food/fuel there. The last two times Jay has done it (once with me, once with a 4x) she was out of Trona and on the way to Towne's pass before dark.
Hopefully you are well on your way if not already on Townes Pass at sunset though that'll be about a half hour harder this year. If you're slower it's best not to plan on getting any food/ice in Trona. All of the solo's and fast teams will have bought everything up. I don't think there will be any gas there either. When I was in Trona last May the lone gas station was closed. They were selling gas out of gas cans for $10/gal! Don't know if it's reopened.