Old 08-17-05, 11:26 AM
mtnroads

Bikes: Spec Roubaix Expert, Cannondale CAAD12, Jamis Quest ELite, Jamis Dragon Pro, Waterford ST-22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlanK
Wow, I'm happy with how this discussion has progressed. As I mentioned in my initial post, really the only indulgence I want to beat is TV. Not so much for the content, there's good and bad TV like any other medium. The problem I have with TV is the commericals. They drive me crazy and I hate supporting commercial culture. I like to think I watch good TV (Nip/Tuck, The Shield, Starved, Rescue Me, The Daily Show), but it's still part of that icky commercial culture.
I watch public television, and listen to NPR. I cannot stand other programming. I feel that publc broadcasting is the least biased, and the best way to learn what is really going on in the world, besides reading the NYT and Economist. About the only regular TV show I watch is the News Hour with Jim Lehrer which I catch just about daily. On Fridays they have Mark Shields and David Brooks on for a commentary on the week's events - it is awesome, and will give you amazing insight into what's going on in the Capital.