billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldbobcat
Not if we weren't tested. Lance was tested. Extensively. And the samples are still available.

Also, I don't have 26 witnesses under oath, 11 of them former teammates, telling investigators that I cheated and induced and coerced other people to cheat. All those witnesses can't be liars or fools. And guess what, Lance forfeited his opportunity to question their veracity. Nobody forced him to take that position.

Some talk of Lance like some poor, downtrodden citizen just trying to raise his lot in life and play by the rules. We're talking about Lance, Inc., here, with enough power to donate money to the UCI to buy drug-testing equipment. Somebody big enough to the sport, a franchise, whose presence brought publicity and money, that could influence officials to look the other way. Somebody who could tell teammates, you're going to dope or you're not going to ride the Tour de France with me. Lance was flying high and he cheated and he got caught.

We all make the beds that we lie in. Lance made his, too.
I don't know about that, but +1 to the rest of it. A lot of interesting writing in Velo (aka Velo News) this month on the Lance situation.