Old 10-14-12, 09:20 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Listen. That's a hard ride and half of the riders had never even attempted it so congratulations all around.

Here's my ride: http://app.strava.com/rides/25065404 Once again, I forgot to start the flipping timer until we got to the gate... again, so I shorted myself some climbing.

In my mind, this was the Beachgrad redemption tour and the ahultin hardman tour. A special should out to Mrs Ahultin for being the most diligent sag driver ever and of course, the indomitable Sebastian (who skipped the gate-shack segment but rode the whole rest of the ride without one word of complaint or negativity) he's in 7th grade, people, and I know I'd be proud if he were MY son - he's a great kid.

OK, so on to the nitty gritty. We went up, up, and then up some more. We saw the same crazy crotch rocket pilots over and over as they ripped up and down GMR and fortunately, no accidents. it looks like we improved on our shack time and then the ride to the village was just a grind. Lunch took an unusually long time and then we hit the road for the parking lot.

Personally, this was my second trip to the village of all time. The first time, I chased some billygoats and frankly, didn't really know anybody. This was a lot of fun for me and it was great to see everybody i already knew and meet one new peep.

Great ride people - how are we going to top this?