View Single Post
Old 10-20-12, 06:39 AM
sprince

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
I have to think you've both never competed at a high level nor done much research about blood manipulation.
Yes, I am speculating. I have never competed at any endurance sport, and have no personal experience with doping.

Of course there are studies that indicate a physical advantage for athletes on a doping program. Let's say we have 10 test subjects. All are told that they will be put on a doping program but 5 are administered a placebo. Does performance increase for the placebo group? Does performance decline for the non-placebo group after they are falsely told that they are being switched to a placebo? But my point is that a psychological advantage can't be dismissed based on studies that are carefully constructed to exclude psychological factors. Levi has some free time on his hands now, maybe he could volunteer for such a study.

Last edited by gsteinb; 10-20-12 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Smilie face or not, insinuating folks you don't know have doped is a personal attack and against forum rules.