Old 10-20-12, 11:31 AM
DiamondDave247

Bikes: 2011 GT Avalanche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ursa Minor
...strongly advise you to read Richard Bernsteins book Diabetes Solution...

thanks! i just bought a used hard cover edition in "very good" condition on ebay for less than $9.00 total! if i find even 1 bit of useful information from reading the book, then it has more than paid for itself.

i tend to agree with "yellowsirocco" in the view that some doctors manage hundreds of patients from the time of your last office visit and they barely have time to quickly go over lab results, suggest an adjustment of meds, do a fast physical exam, then spend valuable consultation time online trying to enter prescriptions for mail order or local pick-up. health care feels very much like ordering fast food in the drive thru lane these days. i often wonder if my doctor even remembers me from our last appointment. heaven forbid you actually spend a little valuable doctor time discussing details about a new medication he prescribes! oh, and forget about actually talking to the doctor over the phone...not gonna happen! he may as well have a sign on his forehead that reads: "google is your friend...silly patient."

i have noticed, through personal experience, that many many type 1 and type 2 "long term" diabetics probably know their bodies, their disease, and their medication, BETTER than anyone else, including their health care providers. so it just seems logical to try and tap into these vital resources we all have available here at the forum. the personal history, links, and now a book suggestion, will all help me navigate through the trials of a new drug and will also educate me on what to expect moving forward.

Last edited by DiamondDave247; 10-20-12 at 11:50 AM.