Old 10-23-12, 09:58 AM
Arlocanta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Bike advice

First off hello to everyone here.

Also I would like to add That I was unsure where to post this so if an admin can redirect it to a fitting place please do so.

I am looking for a new bike to commute to work and school IE college all year round winter included up to 500$ to 700 or even 800 would be fine, Height 5,10 weight 150 pounds I live in Michigan weather so so rains not so much and not so little, hills not to much to bother with.

The bike I have now is a mongoose bought at Kmart or something like that things garbage wasn't kept well by the previous owner and now after 1500 miles it needs to go. Back brakes don't work and I cant change gears think its in 12 gear whole time and now the derail er is making the chain slip when I stand up to get my self a push after stooping bashed my nee a few times not pleasant bent rims ect...
I do maintain it but it was in sad shape to start not much I can do.

Ive been looking at cyclocross bikes and hybrids thinner tires than a mountain bike and thicker than a road bike.
Ive searched the internet and these forums on advice to buy a new bike and well the more I read and research the more daunting and confused I get.
For instance I would find a bike Id like with the features I want and price then Id research it and find that reviews tell me that it will fall apart in 500 miles or that I cant attach fenders and the like.

Yes I tried a local bike shop they tried to sell me a 1100$ bike that I told them repeatedly that I didn't want it. One it cost too and two it was a road bike they told me " Well who knows best you or me" I wanted to punch the guy in the face and his manager.

Ive spent too much time on looking for a bike I cant stand it anymore.

Last edited by Arlocanta; 10-23-12 at 10:48 AM.