Old 12-11-02, 02:35 PM
SamDaBikinMan
Crank Crushing Redneck

Bikes: Bikes are environmentally damaging

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well it is a topic such as this that really makes tthe forum come alive.

Both points expressed here have their merits.

I agree that we may or may not need more laws and should just enforce the laws that we have. But when the general public is clearly taking an iresponsible approach then what will get their attention??? Hit them in the wallet with a fine for chatting /drinking/speeding/reckless driving/ etc.... But without it being an official violation no one has any reason to be responsible and most people could care less about others well being and safety. What is important is that BUSINESS DEAL OR THE NEXT BRIDGE GAME.

I would be in favor of any law that is in response to a disregard for the safety of others.

The biggest problem we have is a complete lack of personal responibility in our society. Few people accept responsibility for thier actions. There is always an excuse or its someone elses fault. It is this lack of personal responsibility that makes the consideration of new laws so much more relevant.

Why was it such a big deal to pass hate crime laws. I do not understand that one. OK so someone is attacked and injured or killed, the law is the law regarding this sort of thing but now we have to determine if they hated the person????