Old 10-30-12, 10:49 AM
DubT

Bikes: Trek Speed Concept 9.9, 2011 Calfee Tetra Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Krenovian
Thanks for your input guys. I got a quote back today from Steve Pardoe at Gates.
69tooth system (2-69 tooth sprocket/250 tooth belt) = $256
74tooth system (2-74 tooth sprocket/250 tooth belt) = $264

Carbonfiberboy, can you elaborate on your statement: "I think belt alignment is easy on a tandem, at least it is if you use cranksets that the system is design to work with." with respect to appropriate cranksets? I've looked through the Gates website and manuals and didn't find any specific recommendations for cranksets other than to BCD size and ring size (130 BCD spider for the 69 tooth tandem rings). It would make sense that a bottom bracket format which allows relatively easy chainline adjustment would be most appropriate. The options I'm looking at right now would be an FSA crankset with MegaExo BBs or a DaVinci crankset with JIS sq. taper BBs. Of the two BBs I think the MegaExo is the more readily adjusted in my limited experience. Your thoughts?

Curtis
on our Calfee which has The new Ultegra cranks and the Bushnell eccentric, I was able to slide the eccentric laterally so that the front and rear sprockets are in perfect alignment. It was very simple. The rear Ultegra is not adjustable.

Wayne