View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 12:38 PM
Danneaux

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please keep us appraised on how the electrification project goes...
Will do! Things are progressing nicely at present. I'm in the midst of trialing several different designs for the detachable windmill airfoils for nighttime power generation, and building the latest of several rectifiers so I can power the B&M Toplight Line Plus taillight directly from the SON28 Klassik. I found I can invert the trailer using the flag as a stabilizer, so few extra parts are needed to convert it to a nighttime wind-powered generator in the areas where I often camp (coastline and desert regions).

Addressing an earlier concern, I don't expect to use the trailer's wheel as an emergency replacement. Instead, I selected the Extrawheel because the single, larger-diameter wheel tracks the bike exactly and rolls more freely over the kind of varied terrain where I often tour. The two 16" wheels on my pair of homebuilt trailers seem to fall into ruts and potholes, and though I offset them so one wheel tracks inline with the bike's wheels, the other wheel hits everything the others miss.

Best,

Dan.