View Single Post
Old 10-30-12, 11:27 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Congrats. It sounds like you rode a very sensible race, kept in the correct half of things, made conscious decisions to either try and bridge or not, and finished a very, very good position.

Your average watts for 2 hours is very good, maybe even too good. If there were times you could ease a bit more you'd have more gas at the finish. Just to give you some comparison I have never hit that high an average wattage for an hour in my (power meter) life, forget about sustaining it for 2 hours, and I weigh (right now) about 80 kg (minimum in my power meter life 70 kg, max about 95 kg).

For future (self-)review you might consider putting a camera on your helmet or bike. I find it very helpful when analyzing my own races, and I learned that I do various things in races that I had no idea I did until I started reviewing clips of races. Until 2010, when I started recording races and rides literally every time I got on the bike, I'd been racing for regularly and consistently for 28 years. I thought I knew exactly what I was doing in races but the video clips showed me in detail some of the things I did without realizing it (good things mainly and some bad things).

Great second race and a great way to fight through a 2 hour long race.