View Single Post
Old 10-31-12, 04:21 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by skye
And I pointed out to you that the test had already been done, and gave you chapter and verse. At which point you claimed you were too scientifically illiterate to understand such studies.

So you have, in fact, posed a question to which you admit you cannot understand the answer.

Or, as I suspect is closer to the truth, the answer contradicts your beliefs, so you claim ignorance to ignore it.
Yes, when I look at all those mumbo-jumbo numbers proving this or that, I do tend to ignore them when thinking about what would happen in real life, and using commonsense tells me different... Just like you are ignoring what my tests would do to your head if you did them, thus you too, are ignoring facts that would contradict your beliefs, and you claim the answer is in the tests and are different than I would get doing my test... And yet I believe you won't do my test because deep down you know that wearing a helmet will/could help in most situations where you find yourself needing a helmet. Again I will admit that in some circumstances a helmet could be worse, but in my opinion the studies outcome/conclusion that not wearing a helmet is actually better, is what I have a big problem believing in all those mumbo-jumbo numbers...

EDIT; I guess what it boils down to, is that my commonsense tells me to ignore the numbers/studies, and those numbers/studies are telling you, to ignore commonsense...?

Last edited by 350htrr; 10-31-12 at 05:08 PM.