no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Burton
Its physically smaller than the TL 200 model but from a distance not all that noticably brighter. In a dark room it will throw a pretty even beam against a wall 6 feet away, but its definately no competition for a 2 or 3W tail-light. It does throw a much brighter beam than the TL 200 so I was surprised that it wasn't any more visible from 25 feet away.

I was thinking it might be a good helmet light but the beam isn't broad enough that I'd feel confident doing that without some serious testing.
They don't specify it as such, but I think that the Serfas Shield (the -60) is a 2w light. However, it suffers from the same design flaw of most other lights- too focused of a beam.

The TL-200 may not be as powerful or have the intensity of the Shield's steady beam, but I think it's actually better as a blinky. It has 2 0.5w emitters, but one is a 'spot' and the other a 'flood', so it's a bit more forgiving if it isn't properly aimed. I just looked at the product vids for the Shield and the TL-200 on the Serfas site (really wish all manufactures would make a video presentation like these for their tail lights), and it appears that TL-200 is a bit more noticeable than the Shield.