View Single Post
Old 11-02-12, 11:34 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
I think we're beginning to get off topic here as the thread started to ask for advice on two different budget folders to chose from, but I must chime in on the last few posts.

It is expected that if you purchase a bike online or through the mail, that it is recommendable to take it to a reputable bike shop so that they can perform a tune up, and go over it. I actually had this done with my new Greenzone VE which some of you might remember the thread I started on it over two weeks ago. It cost me $40, and it was money well spent. I can really tell the difference, and I have some peace of mind that the most sensitive parts, and components have been properly lubed, and adjusted.

As a side note, another poster mentioned that his Greenzone feels "twitchy"...well call it semantics but I would describe it more as responsive. Some might not like that feeling...I happen to appreciate it.

Those of you who have spent upwards of $600 for a folder should realize that part of that price is due to the extra labor involved in making sure that bike is properly adjusted. Don't think for a moment that a Dahon straight out of it's original factory box is going to ride perfectly.

But getting back to the lady who bought the Origami, the next logical step is to take it to the bike shop so that they can give it a good look over, she should also stay in close contact with Paul for any pointers or advice.

Ed