View Single Post
Old 11-04-12, 11:31 PM
treadtread

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Costco website doesn't have the 200 lumen lights, they have a (out-of-stock) Techlite 150 lumen set of two for $27. Will go down to the local Costco tomorrow and check - but thanks a lot for the suggestion. Will also check out Home Depot - I don't mind a big light, as long as I can find a way to mount it.

Edited to reply to no1mad:
I'm not sure actually - this is my first time buying lights. My commute is on lit streets (not very bright) and unlit MUP - so any suggestions on what I should be looking for? Shouldn't be totally unsuitable for the MUP, given that people may be walking there - so I like the two 150 lumen lights idea - can use both on the street if required, and only one on the MUP.
As to external power - AAA or AA would probably be better, since I already have a charger and some rechargeable batteries stocked - but I'm open to change.

Some more context - my commute is a total of 3 miles one way - about 1 mile on the MUP and two on the streets. Most streets are not very busy - and the one that is has a dedicated bike lane (but there are parked cars between the bike lane and the pavement).

Last edited by treadtread; 11-05-12 at 12:13 AM.