Thread: Pro Fit
View Single Post
Old 11-08-12, 08:57 AM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
I agree with the others. Your fitter should be asking more questions than you can possibly even conceive of.

By all means, share your concerns and any questions you have, but a good fitting session begins with 20-30 minutes of interrogation.

The only other concern is be certain your fitter understands and responds to your answers.

I've had fitters just assume that since I'm over 50, that I must need a short 17° stem over plenty of spacers. That's not me.

Then again, the forum is rife with reports of fitters insisting their customers must get as long and low as possible. That's also not me.

Just be sure communication is copacetic between you and things should go just fine.

I'm not sure video is necessary, but once in the trainer, your fitter should watch you like a cat stalking a mouse. It can be unnerving.

And expect to do at least 8-10 miles in the trainer. At my last fitting, I'd done not quite ten before my fitter finally said, "Okay, here's what I think."

Last edited by tsl; 11-08-12 at 09:01 AM.