Old 11-13-12, 09:53 AM
MikeyBoyAz
Middle-Aged Member

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV 2014, TREK HIFI 2011, Argon18 E-116 2013

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No bag drop at the start. Most riders who are worried about warmth pickup some sweats at good will and then leave them on the side of the road once the riding starts. The individuals of extreme poverty take what they find... and its essentially a re-donation.

Same goes for every sag stop... MAKE SURE the person you hand your bike to for the latrine has the OFFICIAL shirt on... otherwise you might have just donated your bike and it will not be there when you are done peeing.

Personally 52deg F is NOT cold enough for me to wear ANYTHING above jersey and bibs... I cook, so I will have standard kit on. If you are absolutely set on wearing some sort of layer, I would do a windbreaker; something that rolls up to the size of a bottle and fits in your jersey pocket. I have one I picked a long time ago that, when rolled up, is no bigger than a 24oz bottle: Love it... it takes me down to about 48deg before I start freezing other places.

I AM contemplating some junk tennis shoes [also from good will] for the dry-washes to improve footing, then after the second wash just dump them in a trash at the next feed stop.

as for ROLL CALL: I'm in for 111