View Single Post
Old 11-13-12, 07:49 PM
edsall78

Bikes: Lotus Legend (1982), Lotus Excelle Mixte (1984), Lotus Classique (1984)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1986 Fuji Club-49cm--What to do???

I recently acquired a 49cm Fuji Club--and it's in very good condition.
http://classicfuji.com/ClubFuji_1986_Page.htm

Background:

It's about 6-8cm too small for me but, i was thinking that maybe my wife would ride it--she won't. So, the bike was ridden all of 10 miles..tops..it has stock everything; including the cyclone derailleurs + brakes + wheelset + sugino crankset. The frame has few scratches but nothing major.

I'm NYC..and i'm pretty sure i can flip this pretty easily. I sold an 88' Fuji Club in slightly worse condition for $275 last summer..of course that one was a 54cm size.

Also, I have too many bikes...(it's actually possible to have too many bikes).

Question:
I'm considering a few options and wondering which one forums feel would be the best approach to this "extra" bike:
+Sell the bike complete and just take whatever profit i can get..probably between $100-$150
+Swap out some of the components; specifically (wheelset--I currently have a mismatching pair) and then sell--Actually almost all the components look really nice and i wouldn't mind keeping them.
+Remove all the parts and sell as frame only..I suspect I wouldn't get much for a frame only sale..also, I don't have room or another frame to put the components on--but that's easily remedied.

Anyways, for those of you who sell, trade, flip..what would be your course of action???