View Single Post
Old 11-14-12, 08:37 AM
Looigi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
I had UHaul install a hitch and they screwed up the wiring. The vehicle had a pigtail and connector for trailer wiring. UHaul didn't have the mating connector so they cut the pigtail, threw away the vehicles connector, and wired into the pigtail. In chopping the connector off the pigtail, they shorted the wiring and blew a fuse, so when they were done wiring it up, it didn't work. They then went in and hooked up the wiring using quick splices behind the vehicles light assemblies, which often becomes problematic over time. Totally bogus. I undid the taps, wired correctly into the pigtail, and replaced the blown fuse. Since then I've installed hitches myself. It costs less than half what I'd have to pay UHaul, and it's done right.

Of course, if you're not pulling a trailer with the hitch, you don't need any wiring.

It's usually pretty easy as they often just bolt right in, but Curt's installation instructions for your vehicle does require some drilling: https://www.curtmfg.com/masterlibrar...111790_INS.PDF

FWIW, at the time the UHaul hitches were rebranded Draw-Tite hitches.

Last edited by Looigi; 11-14-12 at 08:44 AM.