wisaunders

Bikes: 2013 Carve with Rigid Salsa Fargo & 2005 Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big City Bikerafts

Ready for a multimodal commute?

I've been commuting 16 miles each way off and on for the last few years and I've gotten a TON of great advice and inspiration here so I wanted to share this with you.

I am currently in the process of setting up a small bikeraft rental business, Big City Bikerafts. We're starting small with a fleet of 4 Alpacka packrafts and gear.

One day, we had a crazy idea that it might be a fun Saturday to bike the Trinity River Levees from downtown Dallas to Irving, float back to downtown Dallas in the bikerafts, and then ride home before dinner. We weren't able to find any outfitters nearby, but eventually found a few up in Utah and Colorado that hooked us up.

It was pouring rain on the day of our trip, but a little rain wasn't going to ruin our adventure! Twelve of us set out on our bikes for what turned into a 6 hour trip, and we had more fun we could have imagined.

We literally have not been able to stop thinking about our trip and we know there are plenty of other people that would love it too. After sharing our story with many people and realizing there was a definite interest, we decided to start a fleet of our own bikerafts.

We still have a few administrative tasks to finish up before we can rent them out but we are starting to take reservations now. We'll be ready to rent them out by January 2013.

We'd like to extend you an offer for $20 off the first day of two or more new bikeraft package rentals, just mention this post.

Please check out our website, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and wish us luck!

bigcitybikerafts.com
twitter.com/bcbikerafts
facebook.com/bigcitybikerafts

-Will

Last edited by wisaunders; 11-14-12 at 09:05 PM.