View Single Post
Old 12-13-02, 10:57 AM
RegularGuy
I am a lonely visitor

Bikes: Michelle Pfieffer, the Carbon Fiber Wonder Bike: A Kestrel 200 SCI Repainted in glorious mango; Old Paintless, A Litespeed Obed; The Bike With No Name: A Bianchi Eros; RegularBike: A Parkpre Comp Ltd rebuilt as a singlespeed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you should lose the pump.

Then, if you have a flat you can use a CO2 cartridge. It will only cost 75 cents or a dollar, a negligible sum, even compared to air which is basically free. Make sure you get the repair right the first time, because you only get one chance. If your patch doesn't hold, you will either need another cartridge or a ride home. When you're all done, be sure to add the empty cartridge to the world's already overflowing landfills. And pray, all the way home, that you don't have another flat.

At least you won't look like a newbie.

By the way, is my sarcasm showing? A wise person once said "If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." Who died and made your guru the style man? I'm sure that the guru actually has a lot of good things to teach you, but, this is a matter of style vs. security. Make up your own mind.