View Single Post
Old 08-21-05, 02:31 PM
sbeatonNJ
"I love lamp"

Bikes: 06 Fuji Track with upgrades, 06 Redline Flight Monocog, 01 Trek XO1, 2003 Cervelo P3, 2006 Bianchi San Jose monstercross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bars oh the bars! I have stems for each set of bars, I have an SR stem and some bullhorns with tape, a Nitto stem with 3TTT track drops untaped, and I just put another SR stem with a pair of riser bars with Oury Grips. Since I ride brakeless There are no cables to get in the way, just turn the allen key and go. I use the bullhorns for most of my riding, drops for fast really fast days, and the risers I use for crusing the neighborhood/ riding my friends and family. I really would like to get Nitto drops and Nitto horns, or moscows or maybe some Mavic horns. And yeah all Nitto stems our in the future for me. I just like that by changing the bars I can change the feel of the bike.

I also am constantly eyeing up new parts to change things up. I need to stop for a while till I get the cash for the Angus frame and then its a set of Paul Hubs laced to an undecided rims. I also want to make up some nice wheels for racing as I am hoping to be able to make it to Kissena in the Spring. Oh and some new cranks would be nice! Working in a shop makes it worse because the boss goes "Hey we're ordering from so and so, do you want anything?" and Im like let me look and the next thing I know I have just dropped all the money in my wallet. It could be worse I could be spending money on coke, instead its beer, bike parts, and VW parts.