View Single Post
Old 11-20-12, 09:25 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by JayBlurr
Nice day, went for another ride through Storrow Drive decided I'd go farther down to Watertown. Completed around 30 miles today. Time to start shopping for a decent pair of sew-ups I enjoy them so much compared to clinchers. Any suggestion, looking to spend $60-$80 for a nice pair?
Nice pics. That's a nice run through there. You can follow that path on one side of the river or the other, paved except for one short section, nearly all the way to the center of Waltham.

Can't help you with sew-ups. You have experience with sew-ups to judge them yea or nay? Then you must know that they can't be swapped on the same rims. You'll need complete new wheels or you will have to restring your hubs. Either way it isn't a cheap conversion. However there is a big difference in feel between different clincher tires. I like the Panaracer Pasela as a very good inexpensive tire. The TourGuard version has an aramid anti-puncture belt. I've ridden a few clinchers I seriously didn't like. If you are willing to spend some money and your rims can handle really high pressures, consider the Vittoria Open Corsa EVO SC. The 23mm is rated at max pressure 145psi. I run these on my Masi. They seem to roll foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.