Old 11-23-12, 08:41 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
I would have to say I did meet my goal this year, or rather, I will meet the goal. I wanted to be able to ride daily for a minimum of 10 miles at a fairly brisk pace and not be wiped out. Done this and it is a good feeling to be there at this level, and it is motivating me to do better next year. I started the year just able to do 2 miles on the road each day, 5 days a week, at best. I kept at the riding, regardless of the weather, save a thunder storm, and gradually improved to where I am now. I can easily ride 10 miles and hold around 16-18 MPH, attack on hills and hit 20-23 MPH on the flats for a short sprint. Longer rides have been sprinkled in for some challenge.

I July when I was diagnosed as a Stage 3B Chronic Renal Failure it was a wake up call about my dietary habits and my overall health from this. Monica and I adapted the diet to suit the Kidney Association's recommendations and kept up the riding, the doctor approved everything and I have managed the CRF well and lost #40 so far, safely.

My one big goal fell by the wayside when I injured my AT in the Fenner McConnell Century and had to sag back in. Discretion was the better part of valor as I could not push any force on the left leg at all without shooting pain up the leg. It was strange feeling but it passed quickly and the AT did not seem to be ruptured at all. I was back riding next day and it is clear now.

All in all this was a banner year for Monica and I, our health is improving very well and my riding is great for me. My goals are in the "Goals for 2013" thread. Best wishes to all of my 50+ brothers and sisters, you guys have made this all possible for us. Ride Safe and Ride Lots.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13