Old 11-23-12, 08:51 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Jppe,
I remember your thread about the der problems a few weeks ago, glad you got that sorted out to your satisfaction. I like the SRAM products, while I admire the engineering of the Di2 grouppos the simplicity of mechanical sets is fine for me. Red seems like a great refinement of this genre' and WiFli answers many needs for a lower hill climbing gear when needed but with the double on front. The older DA you have and reference I would buy if I had the money as an upgrade since it is known and one of the best shifting set ups of all time by many and it is not overly heavy at all against tne newest stuff.

Triples are a great thing, I had an RSX on my R500 for a few years but NW Florida is fairly flat so the super low third ring never saw any use. My compact double and 11-26 Rival do pretty well here so I am satisfied. But the new stuff is fun to look at and read about so I can dissect the engineering and design of all of it. That gives me a lot of satisfaction. Simple Elegance still does it for me.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13