Old 11-28-12, 01:20 AM
sclieu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Help with thoughts on electric trike/tricycle

Hello,
Unfortunately, my wife was diagnosed with severe RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) a few years ago. She loves the beach, and has small puppies that she adores, which are truly her companions and keeps her sane, more than I do. He mobility has been progressively getting worse. She can no longer ride a bike as the peddling would be too painful for her. Her balance is also an issue, for which we don't have an exact diagnosis. We are only in our 40s, but are struggling with this disease.

I have been looking to get her an electric tricycle but don't know anything about them. We live pretty far from the beach, but hope to move back to the OC in the next year or so (God willing). I would love to get her an electric trike so she can cruise on the beach with her puppies, and I. The style I'm looking at would be something similar to this:

http://www.truebicycles.com/contents...Tricycles.html

However, I don't know much about brands, features, and reliability. What I'm hoping for is basically an electric tricycle that could be folded so it can be transported easily to the beach, and for which will last a day of on-and-off riding....less than 10 miles.

I'm hoping someone can help with their experience or recommendations. I'm also hoping someone can point me to a local shop that specializes in electric bikes/trikes so we can test and ensure it's comfortable for her.

Sorry this is such a long post, but I thought I would also introduce myself and a bit of background on my wife and I. Thx in advance.