Old 11-28-12, 06:42 PM
gyozadude

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1, 600, T700, MB-6 w/ Dirt Drops, MB-Zip, Bianchi Limited, Nashbar Hounder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're getting a 2010 or earlier model with a crmo fork, then cool. If it's a newer 2012 or maybe even last year, they switched to an aluminum fork, then I might have some misgivings since I might put a lot of mileage on a bike. But if you plan to stay under say, 1000 miles per year, I wouldn't worry about it for as long as you own it. But if you ride 3 - 4k miles per year, then treat yourself to a new frame/fork every 4 years or sooner.

That's just me of course. I'm around 280 right now.

If you're just putting on mostly flat/rolling hills mileage, then you may want to check out some Nashbar 700C hybrids. Not sure what you are paying for the Kona Dew. But you can get a Mongoose Crossway for $179 plus tax and shipping. It does require some knowledgeable assembly. But 700 x 35c tires. Not as nice a component group and not as wide range in gearing, but can work well for commuting and weekend riding. And with the savings, experiment with some comfort technology on saddles and accessories. There are other options as well with better features for a little bit more and still cheaper than the Kona Dew. Was there a reason to pick the Kona Dew specifically?