Old 11-29-12, 03:13 AM
sclieu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thx, all for the very quick response.

FMB42, I don't think that link applies as it mainly talks about bikes, not trikes. However, you did raise some good questions regarding design, battery type, and local rules... I've sent HB city hall a question about using electric tricycles on the pathways... seems like I may need to get some sort of permit..assuming they approve it.

Creakyknees, this is exactly the type of trike I was looking at. I'm glad it worked out for you. Can you find out a bit more about how it's running since you got it? How fast it goes, how many miles does it lasts, etc... Also, in the amazon picture, it has a back basket, and something is in the middle of the basket. Is this the battery?? If so, that kind of sucks, since you would not be able to use the basket for much else. Does your dad have the heavy lead battery? Can it be upgraded to lithium ion? W/o the battery power, is it easy to ride it, or is it too heavy to be realistically using it w/o the battery help? I love the fact that it's foldable. The price is a few hundred more than some other web sites, but if it's made here, I think I'm better off than with some knock off from China...unless someone else has a china made one, and can vouch for it based on their experience.

osco53,
It does not look like that type of trike is foldable, and I don't think I would be able to transport it easily from home to beach, so don't think it's for me. Also, you mention needing to climb out of it, and that will be a problem for her. I'll check out those links you provided for other possible options.

Thx all... I'll update you on whether I end up buying it.