Old 11-29-12, 05:44 PM
bigfred 

Bikes: More than 1, but, less than S-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hamster
I am suggesting to get the 56, to shorten the stem and to move the saddle forward. I suspect that, after these changes, he will no longer feel that 56 is inferior to 54 in stock configuration.
Um,.........saddle for aft should be, on a road bike, a function of positioning realative to the bottom bracket, not used to adjust reach. The stem could easily enough be switched out, but why if the 54 already feels more comfortable?

None of us are trying to 'fit' the guy over the internet and with so little info. Even one of the shop staff said either could work for him. He's stated that he feels more comfortable on the 54 and asked if there was any reason, not to get the smaller size? To which most of the respondents have replied, "no", by suggesting that he get the bike that does feel more comfortable.

It's not an arguement. It's a bunch of BF'ers encouraging a guy to go with his personal appraisal over any mathmatical models.

And, as far as LBS staff reliably fitting anyone to a bike. I have loads of horror stories. I would almost trust someone putting there numbers up here and letting us argue over where they should start more than half the lbs's I've walked into.