Old 12-03-12, 04:05 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rbart4506
Great advice...

You need to ride with a purpose on a trainer. Just getting on and spinning the pedals is so difficult for anyone, but getting on with a defined purpose makes the time go by much faster. Also, remember it's tough for all of us. I know that when I start my indoor workouts that there will be an adjustment period. It usually takes me about a week or two of solid training before I get into the swing of things. I started back on the trainer last week and it was shear heII. I had just finished a nice block of week and was doing a recovery week. The legs were sore, the mind was not focused and the workouts sucked. This weekend the real work started and Saturday hurt, but Sunday I felt better. It still hurt and was tough, but things were flowing better. Feeling more natural you would say. I know that as this week progresses things will only improve and by January I will once again be doing my 2.5-3hr trainer sessions. These are sessions that I look as insane right now, but will be the norm then.

Baby steps, it's all about baby steps...
it's kind of funny. i always resist the trainer, but then after a couple of sessions i find i really get in the groove.

i guess if i were put in prison eventually i'd wake up and say 'ok, this is my reality--how do i make the best of today?'

there are actually many positive things about training indoors; it is very time efficient, there are no stop lights/signs, no cars, nothing to interrupt an interval...very easy to maintain pacing, no need to worry about clothing in the winter, etc.

one can choose to focus on the positive aspects or the negatives.