jamesdenver
jim anchower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by danimal123
Anyone else do this?

If I'm approaching a red light, I invariably do the VC thing and stop behind the car in front of me, i.e., I take my place in the line.

However, if I'm pedaling towards a red light (where cars are already stopped) and, say, 3 cars pass me just to get to the red light, I'll pass those three and take what would've been my place in the line all along. The way I see it, if the cars wouldn't have tried to pass me, we'd have ended up in this position. I think it's stupid/dangerous to pass anybody just to come to a stop a few yards ahead.

Does this make sense? Am I just being petty?
i usually just scoot right up to the right. i know some people disagree with this, but one of the reason my bike commute is so efficient, is not waiting through red light cycles.

most of my intersections are single lane, with the option to go left, right, or straight. if you DID wait like a car, you'd wait on a lot of left turners, and most likely sit through another red light cycle.

i go right to the front, but if someone's making a right turn (on a red) i give them their space. never been an issue, some people pass me again, but usually at an intersection most people are headed different ways anyway