View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 05:42 PM
rm -rf
don't try this at home.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 509 Times in 349 Posts
You should see this thread: My body is still ok but my eyes are going. from Feb 2012.

Since you wear contacts and non-prescription sunglasses, maybe you just need a bifocal stickon or non-prescription "reading" sunglass to go with your contacts. My eye doctor looked at my prescription and told me to get +2.0 bifocals to go with my existing distance vision glasses ( and I used stick-on bifocals, about $12)

Wraparound sunglasses are very good for bike riding, since they keep wind out of your eyes. Before I got wraparounds, my eyes would really water when it got colder in the fall and winter. They really help me.

If a large lens can't be made in bifocal, you can use stick-on bifocals. They work great, and don't fall off.

I like my Rudy Project Rydons, but they are expensive. I have interchangeable dark and clear lenses(for night riding). And I have a clip-in prescription insert. So I can get the insert re-done, and keep the different lenses as-is. I originally got a single vision insert some years ago, and later added the stick-on bifocals, trimmed way down in size, so just the handlebars are in close focus.

I wear progressive lenses when not bike riding. It took about 1 ride to get used to the bifocal blob in my vision. Now I don't notice it at all.

Last edited by rm -rf; 12-09-12 at 09:18 AM.