View Single Post
Old 12-08-12, 01:53 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The bike is worth a risk- especially if there is a club nearby that has enough young lads of her age to keep her interested

6 years ago I went road and after 16 years of MTB's- I did not know if I was going to be interested in the dark side. Got a lowly bike from a known manufacturer and spent the next year learning to adapt to the bike- get the body adjusted and learn the different type of riding. The bike was nowhere near top knotch but it was not in the "Cr*p" region either.

The main problem is that she may not stay cycling and if she does- will that first bike be the right one. All the first bike is for- is to tell you what you should have bought in the first place. So I suggest starting basic and be prepared to upgrade in the year if the interest is still there. Either that or if she is nearly able to ride one of your bikes- then get a bike that can be adapted to fit you and can be your N+1 when the other interests take over.

Spike Milligan