View Single Post
Old 12-08-12, 12:55 PM
BaWolf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, as far as the 26" 29" debate, I've read a fair bit about that. Right now, other than this supported tour in Africa, the vast majority of riding will be in the States. That being said, I would definitely have to load up on spares. The ease of finding a 26" tire is definitely tempting but as far as riding and speed, being able to slip a 700cc tire on a 29er for flat roads would be extremely nice. As far as suspension goes, I would entertain having a front fork as long as it was adjustable with a reliable lock-out. The one hesitation with a front fork is the additional wait that it brings unless I spend a fair bit more, most entry-midrange forks I've looked at are a bit hefty. My plan was to get a cane-creek thudbuster as an alternative for some support. I have heard great things about Thorn and definitely need to take a closer look at some of their bikes. One more question is in regards to flat-bar, drop-bar or a flared drop-bar like on the fargo. As far as positioning goes; I'll be riding on average 6-8 hours a day so I want to make sure I've got multiple positions. Any suggestions with regard to bars?