impressive member

Bikes: c'dale supersix, jamis trilogy, spec. tricross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
hooboy

havent been here in a while so heres the update:

finished up my season over labor day. best season yet, with a few nice wins and a buncha podiums and my cat 2 upgrade.

but my last race was a bust. had high hopes and flatted out in the middle of nowhere and limped in for like 50 miles.

was pretty cracked for a hard disciplined routine, and then in october i changed jobs to a job that on one hand means i no longer get up at 5 AM and am better rested and happier than i have been in years, but also has been really involved and had long hours.

same commute as the previous job - about 12 miles each way, but unlike the previous job theres no bus i can take on recovery days. and i work more nights so its gonna be a little trickier to find time to get in the miles i like to get in in the winter.

on the other hand theres less access to free food, which is good for me and weight management.

all in all its a very positive, but still challenging and a little stressful change in routine that i am still trying to get my head around.

i havent really slouched on riding, commuting every day but not much distance or structure.

in the race report thread i mentioned i got 2nd in a local SS race last weekend and that got me kind of excited about incorporating some SS work into my training. realizing now what a great workout racing SS is for developing strength and aerobic fitness and coordination.

so i guess my training status is i need to start training ASAP