Old 08-24-05, 08:46 AM
Nightshade
Humvee of bikes =Worksman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by joelpalmer
Ok, so this is mostly my fault, but I need to vent. Been commuting for ~ 6mo now on an older (10 yr) Trek 930 mtb, does the job but nothing special. A buddy forwarded me an ebay listing for a 2000 Bianchi Volpe, looked nice, great price. The seller was local (in SF) so I tried to make an appt to come see the bike, to make sure it fit (nobody had bid on it, so I figured I wasn't really competing). Seller gets back to me and says sure, so I ask for an address. Didn't hear back when the auction had ended, so I sent another message and said if it fits I'll buy it, can I come see it. Two days later I get a message that just says "Thanks, its gone". The auction closed with 0 bids, so he must have dumped it some other way, did he ever actually intend to sell it?? I should have bid and taken my chances, but it was right on the edge (uuper) of what would have fit me. Well, now I'm back to hunting

(Anybody know where I can get my hands on a nice STEEL touring bike for a reasonable price??? )

I don't know why you're ticked off , mate. Sounds to me like you just avoided a butt load of trouble.