sstang13
Riding the bike I love.

Bikes: Marinano Delta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bitingduck
Scratch races on the track aren't very relaxed once you get to a high level where everyone is fit. It's like a crit with all the boring parts removed-- the instant one attack starts to die out, the next one goes. Points races are races within the race, and lots of fun-- like a lot of little scratch races. When they get really fast it seems like they never stop ringing the bell. All mass start racing is full of split second decisions-- you're generally riding much closer together than on the road and there's a lot going on.

Seeing as you're in Canada, you probably also skate. That's about the best cross training there is for track racing.
Those were the words I was looking for. I know there's not going to be any boring races with nothing going on, I mean come on, it's track racing.. but what I mean is that even though there's a lot going on all the time, there's still a pack that you can regroup yourself and rest a bit while all the other hammerheads hammer away. But it's not like it's a 2 lap race where in a split second decision you go from 2km/h to 60km/h. I guess this is the road cyclist in me talking. On a side note, is a scratch race literally just a crit on a track (first one across the finish line wins)? If so, why are people trying to lap the field? Thanks.

Ps. Ya I do skate, but havn't in the past 2 years because there's not a d**m snowflake on the ground here! and there hasn't been in 2 years.

And also former world champion in the Madison (with Cavendish), and multiple time world champion and olympic champion in the Individual Pursuit.
Well than he's just a God of cycling.

**** happens. The italian saw it coming from far off, and dealt with it. At one of the world cups here in LA it seemed like the Danes needed to crash to get motivated-- their team pursuit managed to crash and then medal. FWIW, it seems like in most P/1/2 omniums I get solid contact from another rider at least once (rarely like in the video though). Highly not recommended at lower levels of racing.
True, like seen by the Dane in the scratch race as well. Those Danes eh?