View Single Post
Old 12-17-12, 08:07 PM
njsteve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pierce
my stock hybrid wheels have the usual crappy Alex rims, that are prone to going out of tune, and use cheap noname hubs. I plan on replacing them next year with something along the lines of Deore hubs with Velocity Dyad rims, 36H for strength (at least on the rear wheel). Best source of factory built wheels is, IMHO, Handspun Wheels, which is QBP's captive brand. Pavement Series 5.1 is in my sights now, but by the time I'm ready they will likely have a new model.

any factory made wheels should be trued and tuned up before even installing, and then again after 100 or so miles to settle in. for this reason, I plan on getting my wheels through a LBS and paying them for the truing service (I used to build my own wheels 35 years ago, but am FAR out of practice, so will rely on said LBS).
pierce, I was waiting on your impute. Still researching, I fiqure the stock wheels suck. Just want to upgrade to a $100 to $150 wheel.
found out not all 622 rims are the same. Ideal size for 28mm tires would be 622-19.
But I'll keep looking. LBS might be the way to go.
Thanks