View Single Post
Old 12-17-12, 08:46 PM
gforeman 

Bikes: Specialized Crux Elite X1, Specialized Roubaix SL4 Expert, Specialized Crux Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have the following. Coach Troy tells you what trainer resistance on a lot of mine on a scale of 1-5. My Spinner goes 1-16, so I just calculate in by dividing it. He always tells you what Gear Ratio, so I have a chart, Big Chainring/15 for me is a Level 10 on my spinner. I can't begin to tell you how much I use these DVD's.

As far as miles, I think it's pretty accurate. Resistance is relative, you can go 1 mile on your road bike downhill in top gear, or downshift and ride uphill, but a mile is a mile. I did measure my speed/time, etc and calculated it, and it seems to come out real close. No matter what you decide to base your calculations on (miles, watts, calorie burn), it's nice to baseline your workouts. I keep an accurate log of all my workouts, it keeps me on track.

I did the 1.0 tonight, but I kept my resistance at a level where I did all my intervals at 100 RPM or above. In the end, I did a mile more than the normal workout. So you can vary what you do, and still use the DVD's.

My LBS had a few of these to RENT, so after getting one for a weekend, I was hooked! I joined the Spinervals "Club" for a month to get the discount on the DVD's. For me, best money I have spent in a long time.
  • 1.0 Riding Strong with Team Clydesdale
  • 6.0 Riding with Iron Girl
  • 16.0 Aero Base Builder I
  • 17.0 Aero Base Builder II
  • 18.0 Aero Base Builder III
  • 21.0 Aero Base Builder IV
  • 23.0 Time Saver 1
  • 25.0 Aero Base Builder V
  • 28.0 Aero Base Builder VI
  • 30.0 Muscular Endurance Plus
  • Spinervals with Iron Girl Time Saver

2019 Specialized Crux Elite X1