sstang13
Riding the bike I love.

Bikes: Marinano Delta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfred
Enjoy your bike(s), training and racing them hard. Cycling is a great sport that, unlike some, you can take with you all the way through life.
Why don't they get paid at all any good living salary. That can put you on the streets if you race for a few years than get injured or whatever. At the end of the day, it's a sport just like any other out there (fans, tv coverage, advertisment about it, etc) but what is it about winning a Stanley Cup, or the world series that's different about winning the yelow jersey or the trophy of the Giro? Baseball fans like baseball and hockey fans like hockey no less, and no more than cyclists love the ProTours. There's no reason why a hockey player should get paid 5 million a year, and a cyclist at the same level, 30k. And I know that all those sports are in North America where everything is like that, but cycling is still well know all around the world enough to get paid over at least 100k.. Cycling is getting bigger though, so maybe we'll see a rise in everything from pay, to better ride/race oppourtunities in our own towns.

And to the quote: That's what I love about it, I once rode with a 75 year old ex-pro rider from Italy, who now lives near me, and he was pulling a group of about 7 of us up a small hill, going 40 km/h. It just shows that the fire in a cyclists belly never stops burning.