Old 12-26-12, 09:42 PM
NCbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lungimsam
No, to reiterate:
My crotch, bottom and sit bones are actually super comfy on the saddle, but I can feel every road vibration getting transmitted to the small of my lower back. Like the saddle is so hard that instead of dispersing the shock, it is beating me up with it.
When your setting in that totally upright position, all the road shock and vibration is transmitted directly up your spine. By lowering your bars, you'll be in a more aggressive position that will allow your arms to act like shock absorbers making the ride easier on your back.

I like an upright position as well, but have to find a balance between being so upright that I suffer back pain versus being so bent over that I suffer pain in my shoulders or neck. I've found that just a little adjustment can make a big difference in comfort. I also suffer knee pain if my seat is at the wrong height or hand numbness is my seat fore and aft position is not right. It's a balancing act of trial and error to get your bike fit to your body, or you can have a professional fitting done, but even then, you may still have to make minor tweaks on your own to get it just right.

Also, if your backside is comfy, there is no need to adjust your Brooks tension screw.