Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The 2014 Weight and Mileage Thread

DECEMBER 31, 2012 UPDATE

THE SHEET - BOOKMARK THIS
BLOG
THE GOOGLE+ PAGE
SUBMIT DISTANCE & WEIGHT

Guidelines on how to report

I am subscribed to this thread on a daily basis, but will likely only be updating the stats weekly on Sunday night/Monday morning. Please follow these guidelines:

1. Miles and weight should be submitted Sunday night/Monday morning, cumulative for the week. Don't be embarrassed if you fall off the wagon; that is the point of this thread, to keep us motivated. No one is judging you here. I am using a regular bathroom scale for weight and Strava to keep my miles.

2. Rather than scouring this thread each week (which could get really long), please submit the following to (
bikeforums41[at]gmail[dot]com):

Subject line: 'Week ending Jan 6' (and so on...)
BF Handle
Miles from Monday 12:00 a.m. to Sunday 11:59 p.m.
Weight at anytime during the week, but better on Sunday

3. To keep it real, take some pics as you are out riding if you carry your smartphone and post them here in this thread.

4. I am considering starting a G+ page for this project (for comments and pictures), but am not keen on social media. I'll need to create a BF-related Google name first.

Good luck all. The fun starts tomorrow!

---- ORIGINAL POST BELOW ----

Since this forum is supposedly woven into the fabric of fitness (and some might say entertainment), why not start off the new year with an effort to see how we all do with any weight-related goals? Not everyone wants or needs to lose weight, so let's keep this thread focused on those who want to track this metric while the riff-raff scoots off to Addiction (yeah, I spend some time there).

This also isn't a dieting forum, so let's track miles as well since it would seem we all talk/brag about miles from time to time.

With all of the technology at our disposal, use whatever tracking device/app/method you use to report miles. As recently as two years ago I was using a wired Sigma cyclometer and a Google spreadsheet. It works just as well as Garmin, Strava, Endomondo, whathaveyou, at least for these purposes. It's not like you're going to get audited.

There is a thread just like this over in Commuting, so I know it works, but let's tart it up a bit. I'll plug values into a spreadsheet and graph it out weekly if interested parties wish to share their weekly miles and weight (or whenever) here. By Sunday night would be the best.

Sounds like a bit of an undertaking, but the payoff would be nice since this is a pretty busy board. It would be easier if everyone used the same method of tracking progress, but that is not the case. I am offering to aggregate the data. It could be opened up for public editing, but quite frankly you are a suspicious bunch

If you wish to participate, please get your starting weight entered in this thread on or before Jan 1, 2013.

If this thread dies, I will add it to my list of failures, you will all be in my Big Book of Grievances, and I will just track my own data.

Therefore, can any one of you fine moderators please sticky this if the response warrants?

ADDENDUM
- Trainer miles count - winter riding and well, just because they are miles.
- Not able to track elevation gain - please do that on your own.
- I'll try to work in goal weights.
- Since this is all manual entry (reliant upon updating this thread with your weight/miles), entries will only be accepted until Jan 1, 2013

Last edited by RT; 01-25-13 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Added address for submitting data