qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Retro Grouch
A little off topic but, as a former LBS owner, let me say this:

Shoes are a money loser for an LBS because fitting them takes a lot of time and they have to inventory a lot of sizes. Using your LBS to try on shoes when you have no intention of buying from him is unethical. If you are going to buy on line, buy 3 sizes straddling the size that you think that you need. Then simply return the two pair that are the wrong size.
Amen to this RG, never intended that Tom do that and I know he would not do so. You have been on the LBS ownership side of the coin and know how much of this goes on. It males me angry, not just shoes but other kit and even parts get this type of misuse by people, as you know all to well. I have not tried to but shoes on-line, my feet are difficult to fit and it is not even a crap shoot.

Tom, I had no idea about Truly Spokin' changing hands, I have not shopped in even the Pensacola store in over a year, I use Cyclesports of Pensacola so I was out of that loop. Sorry for the bad gouge on my part. Best of luck in finding some good shoes, Tom, I am looking forward to a ride next year when you get things healed up.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13