Thread: Posers!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-12, 05:57 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I keep my Contour on top of my helmet, and it's sort of hidden (from front on view) by my helmet lamp) when I'm on my commuter; and I run it all the time on my commute. The C2+ has a nifty feature that you can turn off the "recording in progress" indicator light, so nobody knows it's turned on.
It's helped recently, as a lady almost ran me over at a rainy intersection (seriously; I had the crossing light, she had a red, and she skidded to a stop with her bumper touching my leg) so I gave her quite an earful before continuing on my way. A couple minutes later, she buzzed me and laid on her horn while passing me up a hill, and *then* when I got to the center of town an officer flagged me into a gas station parking lot where she was sitting in her car next to the cruiser. The officer informed me that she wanted to press assault charges because I "reached into her car window and grabbed her jacket while yelling at her" according to her initial statement. I told the officer to inform her that I have helmet cam video which will prove otherwise, and she's welcome to take me to court if she wants to present evidence to counter that. He went over, made some gestures indicating my camera, then walked back over to me. She decided not to pursue litigation, and the officer charged her with falsifying a 911 call.

On my full-face helmet it's a bit more obvious, hanging off the left side next to my face. Tough to miss seeing it, but I haven't noticed anyone hamming it up when I ride past.