Old 01-01-13, 07:19 AM
Old Sarge

Bikes: Specialized Expedition Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Bosma
Sweet! I can't wait for retirement so I have enough 'vacation' (52 weeks) and can do multiple week-long tours. ;-) Happy New Year!
I have a good friend, younger than I, who retired and lasted about six months. He then came to work for the same agency where I was employed. We worked well as a team for several years but when some events convinced me it was time to retire he was one of the first I told about my plans. He said I would hate it. He was dead wrong. First year of retirement has ended and it has been a great year. Four vacations (haven't figured what I am vacationing from), more time with my darling bride (we'll have seventeen years together the end of this month, nearly more than the others put together ), busy everyday. I haven't had time to hate retirement. I think the secret to retirement is doing the things you love.

Happy New Year to all the fifty-plusers who have been encouraging to me as I begin this bicycle journey. It is 41f right now and as soon as the sun gets a little higher I think I will ride a few miles.