Old 01-03-13, 12:06 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidInGA
For me, the biggest concern on either bike component wise is durability/longevity. The second concern is the bike's holding adjustments a reasonable period of time. Finally, matching gear set and range to the road conditions here in Northeast GA, an area that is fairly hilly to me. Both shops advised against 8 speeds and below due to the hills here.

Will the components on the Specialized hold up a good long time and are they of a type that bike shops can get parts or similar replacement parts for a good long time?
The components, given reasonable care and maintenance, should last a long time and require only very occasional minor adjustments. The parts are standard configuration and easily replaceable/upgradable. While 8 speed (rear) replacement parts at the high end level will be getting scarce, I would expect these entry level parts to be sold for a long time to come.

With the triple crank and wide range cassette, you should have all the gearing options you'll need.