Old 01-06-13, 09:35 AM
k_randomfactor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I've been on the internet since about 1986 - how about you? Back then we used modems and BB's. My first modem was 300 bpm. How about yours? I run three web sites and 3 listservs. I started the 50+ forum, and, by the way, Joe and I started this forum -

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ional-cyclists!!

Yep. They like me. Sorry you don't.

One of my best friends was knocked over by a dog. She is still having wrist surgeries and therapy. I was knocked over by a dog. My wife was knocked over by a dog. All supposedly "trained."

I am neither pro nor anti dog. I am pro safety. I slow down for ANY dog, no matter who is holding the leash - or - no leash. If you don't like my internet technique you can - well, I won't say those words here.

Dogs and bicycles, especially dogs attached to bicycles, don't mix well on MUPS. If you have your own private trail - go for it.
Background. There it goes, rearing it's ugly head again... I should have said "context, subtext, and background non-verbal communication". Whoops, my bad. And congrats, you've been on the intardwebz 7yrs longer than I have. Glad you have lots of friends, and they think you're great. Seriously.

As far as MUPs, well, they're there for everybody. Multi-use as it were. Joggers, bicyclists, dog walkers, power walkers, etc. Comes with the territory. Thousands of dogs walk by thousands of cyclists every day with no problems on greenways and MUPs around the country. I'm sorry that people you know have been injured by dogs, but a small number of dog related injuries doesn't justify relegating all dogs everywhere to a chain in the backyard, which it really sounds like you are advocating.

If you don't like dogs and have a phobia regarding them, well, no real skin off my teeth. But that doesn't mean I can't walk my dog on my local greenway, whether you like it or not.

I'll agree that dogs attached to bikes, by and large and except in very few cases, is a pretty silly idea. I wouldn't do it except on my private trails, and I don't do it even then since my dog isn't ready for it.

Have a pleasant day.